Monday, November 17, 2008

Christmas in the Store

Well, I had to work very late tonight since it was our VIP night at Penney's. I am so not into Christmas yet. I cannot believe the music is already playing and the store is all dressed up. People were spending lots of money today on gifts for Christmas. I don't want the Christmas feeling to start till Thanksgiving is over. But, it seems like every year it starts earlier and earlier. I would love to KNOW what everyone else thinks about the subject. Please let me know what you think.

Also just to give you a heads up, Penney's is opening at 4:00 am the day after Thanksgiving and I will be there to assist you. So have fun shopping and come see me and say hello. If any of you would like to apply for a Penney's card please come see me. I will get credit for it. Plus there will be lots of discounts going around. Well I am going to bed. Have a wonderful Day!

3 comments:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

We are all really sorry you have to be at work at 4:00 in the morning. Penneys must really be hard up for revenue or something. I think it's absurd the way the marketing people want the holiday season to last six months. It's just like the election. By the time Christmas gets here, everybody just wants it to be over. If it lasted 1 month like it's supposed to, it would be a lot more enjoyable. Besides, that way we'd get to enjoy Halloween for a month, Thanksgiving for a month, Presidents day for a month, Valentines Day for a month, St Patrick's Day for a month, Easter for a Month, take a break for Memorial Day and Flag Day, Independence Day for a month, Labor day and Back to School, then start over again with Halloween. But no. We go straight from Back to School to Christmas, to Summertime. What ever happened to the January white sales? I guess I'm getting too old...

Nicole said...

No we sure do not get to enjoy any of the Holidays anymore. I miss that a lot.

Dianna said...

Our store started with the Christmas music Monday. I think you're right. As much as I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas, it should definitely be kept until AFTER Thanksgiving.