Saturday, July 12, 2008

Deep Fried Attorney!!!

What do you do when you have to go to Court with your estranged husband and your attorney doesn't show up? I was mad at first then kinda laughed about it. Derryl and I have been to Court more than 77 times. He has always been the one to not show up or even his attorney not show up. I left the courthouse and was glad that court did not happen.For some reason this divorce just does not seem to want to be over. Something always seems to come up or there is a distraction and it gets continued. As of July 19th I will officially be married 19years, half my life. I just cannot wrap my mind around that. I just wish I knew when this would end and could get on with my life. Explore options that are out there. I have signed up to go to Blue Ridge.Not sure what degree I want to pursue but, I do want to do something for me. Any hints or suggestions would be helpful. I would like to berate my attorney a little for not showing up. He was the one to set the court date. The judge was just a little angry. Oh well, what can you do.

I have hinted to me my kids that I would like to meet someone and possibly get married again. That has been a BIG NO NO!! They don't want me to get married again. They don't even want me to date anyone. I don't want to live out the rest of my life by myself, I want a partner to help me along the way. Hopefully soon Heavenly Father will put someone in my path that he knows will be good for me and for my kids. They need a Good Father Figure in their lives. I don't know how to teach my youngest son to be an honorable man or even how to shave his face. But i will do the best I am able. I do have six wonderful kids they are growing up so fast. I know that they will be very productive members of society and hopefully all continue on the Church and I hope they will all want to go on Missions. We shall see. Well thats all for now please let me know what you think. Good Bad or Ugly. Ta TA For Now!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Well, if I were in your shoes, i would at least like a guy to lean on, I think it would make the bad memories fade away, on the other hand, it's hard to find a decent guy who will be kind and understanding, in which he would have to be because you have kids and that ex of your to still deal with. You might have to wait, let love find you, make sure if you go to single activites that you are going to church ones, so you don't end up loving a guy who will lead you away from the church. Do u know what i mean? Your kids do need you to 100%, if you give a percentage of that to someone else, somebody, either he or the kids will feel that they aren't getting the attention they deserve. Think about what you would have to do with a new puppy, it would take training, lots of love, and attention, do you think your family could assist with that? Or do you think that you could handle it all by yourself, plus take care of your family? You should do what you think is best, I am only giving advice...

Jessica said...

Hold on a second. I would love for you to get married again. I want you to be happy in all that you do and I want you to have a partner to live out your life with. He just has to be kid approved, member of the church, and tall. We need a tall person to fit into this family. All I ever said was your not having any more kids. Sorry, but I'm not budging on that one. I know its unfair but I think it would also be unfair to that child if they didn't grow up with the family. They might not feel like they're a real part. Just always know that your children LOVE you so much with all their hearts. And we support you in all that you do. Unless you want to dye your hair pink.