Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Drama in California

I was searching through the blogs I read and decided to hit the button for "next blog". It was interesting to see what comes up. I saw many different languages and many different countries. I came across quite a few that I knew right away were LDS based. Since I am new to all of this it has taken a little time getting used to. I really enjoy what other people write but I am not quite sure what I should write about.

It amazes me that just with a click of a button you can view a snippet of someone else's life.You can read about what they are doing, how their families are growing or even about a tragedy that has happened. I just don't always have the words to write down what is going on in my life.

I really do enjoy reading about other people's lives. The internet sure has made people for away seem close to home with just a tap of a key. It also let me know that there are people just like me. Searching for answers to everyday life problems. I know that I am not the only one going through trials and tribulations. There are others that are going through them too..

I talked with Gabbie today. She is in California visiting my sister and her family for week and half. She says she is having a great time but, that her MOM-MOM (my mother) yelled at her today. Gabbie was very upset about that. My Mom usually is not one to yell at the kids or even say a harsh word to them. So I asked her what had happened and she gave me a few details. She said that they had eaten a very big breakfast this morning and that when they got to the Pier in San Francisco to eat lunch that she way not very hungry. I said ok what else happened. Gabbie said she ordered chicken fingers but, could not finish them because of the big breakfast. She said they were not able to get a to go box since they would have more than an hour ride back to my sister's house and it would not be good. I tried to explain to my 9 year old that Mom-Mom was probably tired with all the running around the twins and then her and the twins sister. That it was a long hot day and sometimes these things do happen. I asked her if she had talked to Mom-mom about how her yelling made her feel. She said no she just told Rayna (my sister)about it. Hopefully after we got off my sister helped to explain what was going on and that my mom really did not mean to yell at her.

She will be home in a few days so I will be able to talk to her some more about it. I know my Mom loves her but, I just hope that it was not as serious as Gabbie made it sound. Oh well, what can you do? I am only 3700 miles away so I cannot do much about it from this end. My Mom really did not even want to go out there but, she did since my brother-inlaw will be gone for TDY for a week. My sister has three children under three and two are twins. She did not think she could make it without help. I can understand that. It has to be hard to have your husband gone and try to cope with the kids. Mine are older so that helps me a lot. I don't know what I would have done if I did not have a few older children when Derryl and I split up. Get through it I guess. Well thanks for reading and leave any comments you may like. TTFN

4 comments:

Jen said...

If I had a Dollar for all the time's my kids got yelled at by other family members, I would be sorta rich. I just tell them to keep their distance, some people yell and don't even realize it. They can be mean and not realize that either. Just let it slide. I know with younger kids, they become afraid of people who do this, but like in our family, I have a mean dad, who has altimers and he can say just awful things for nothing. We just think it's best to avoid them, I have talked to them about it, but you can't teach a old dog new tricks. As long as you explain to them that they are grumpy people, and it don't take much to get under one's skin, they understand a little...

Nicole said...

Thanks for the advice. I will be talking with gabbie about it when she get home.

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Being a ham radio operator, I've always enjoyed contacting strangers from around the world, chatting, and then moving on. I guess Blogging is kinda like that... you never know who's life you'll get a peek into. I appreciate your reading my blog, and commenting, too. Regarding older people getting onto younger ones... we old people know when a chastisement is serious and when it isn't, but youngsters can't tell the difference. I've often fussed at a youngster and later realized that the kid took me more seriously than I meant it. I'm sure the lady didn't mean any harm, but Gabbie probably needs a little re-assurance anyway. Doesn't sound like she did anything wrong at all.

Nicole said...

To the old man with a radio transmitter in the car...
Thanks for the comments. Yes I do enjoy reading about other people's lives, they can be very interesting. I will see Gabbie tomorrow so I can talk to her about it.Thanks for the advice.