Sunday, July 27, 2008

Family and Church

We had a very lovely couple that came to Church today. They are the Bria's from Richmond, Va. They are a missionary couple but now Brother Bria is a Bishop. Sister Bria spoke about her children and how two, one daughter and one son, do not attend Church but that the Home Teachers keep in contact with them. Her talk really touched me in all the right places. It has been very hard for me to not have Jared at home anymore. So I hope and pray that someone touches his life in the way the Home Teachers touched Sis. Bria's children's lives. I hope that Jared will come back to Church. I KNOW that Jared would make a wonderful Missionary. He has a great understanding of the Church and God's plan but is just a little off the path right now.

Gabbie is finally home from California!! YEA!!! She did have a wonderful time and is very glad to be home. My mom decided that she and Gabbie are a lot alike. So that is why they knock heads once in a while. Oh well, life goes on and they still love one another so I am pleased about that. Gabbie will have a wonder summertime story to tell very soon at school.

In the conversation with my mom and sister, when they brought Gabbie home, they told me the High Priests had come by and invited them to Church the next Sunday. I was very HAPPY to hear that. They did go to Church and took Gabbie with them. It was two days before they were supposed to leave for California. I am glad that they felt welcomed at Church and hope that they will continue to go. It has been a long time since they were active and so it feels right that they had a visit. So prayers are answered.

I cannot believe that school will be starting soon. There is soooo much to do! Meagan and Jessie have already been to school for different activities and will continue to go till school begins. I am very proud of the girls and what they do to make the world around them a better place to live. Meagan missed church today because she is in Pennsylvania for a blood drive. Her friend, Katie's grandfather is ill and so the family started a blood drive for him. I am so proud of Meagan for donating blood. My kids are sure growing up fast.

I hope everyone has a Wonderful week. TTFN! Nicole

No comments: