Thursday, January 29, 2009

School

I went to School today even though I am not feeling very well. The Professor said I could go home but I felt that I should stay since this is an important class. A fellow student beside me said "she could not sit close to me because she had a cold and cancer and could not afford to get sick." She is a smoker and does not look the best anyway and I was upset by her comment. I am not breathing on her and certainly not in her space. The doctor said I was not contagious and I would cough into my sleeve. I did not cough too much and that surprised me. Maybe getting out of the house was a good thing(getting the fresh air). I just had to comment about that, get it off my chest so to speak.

I am enjoying going to class. It has been a self-esteem booster for me that I can keep up with the former high school kids. I am amazed at how much they like to goof off. I am trying to learn to expand my horizons and they are sitting talking with one another, texting, emailing, or even viewing different web pages. It is very disturbing to me. I bet most of them are not paying for school themselves. It is such a shame. Students in my fall class did not even pass. Not that the class was easy but if you took the time to do the work you should have been able to get an A. I am glad that I am going to school now it certainly gives me a different perspective on things. I might not have wanted to strive for those "A"s if I just went straight from high school. I do feel like a mother hen sometimes. I think there is only one person older than I am. Hopefully it will get better since this is only the second week. I'll will hope for the best.

On another subject. Mother Nature delivered some snow but it certainly was not enough. I was hoping for a few feet and we got mere inches that quickly changed to ice. Now most of that is all gone. Maybe the westerners can send the easterners some snow. That would be fantastic. It seems to hit the mountains and stop. We need a little wind lift to get it come over this way. Any thoughts on the snow? Please comment.

3 comments:

dubby said...

I understand that you can put your pajamas on inside out, put a spoon under your pillow, and five ice cubes in the toilet to make it snow. I think we should ALL do that and combat global warming.

Nicole said...

If that will work I will surely try it. :)

Dianna said...

I totally agree. I get sooo annoyed when the kids around me talk and text and all during class. Especially when they think they're being all *cool* not getting caught. Ugh! It makes me want to slap people sometimes.

Oh, and I would LOVE to share my snow with you! Take all you want, we've got plenty!!! You want a foot? Two feet? How about a nice big igloo? It's all yours, but you have to pay to transport it. ;)